Set up a PC with a Linux distribution to use the WiFiRetour à la liste des tutoriels
In order to register devices on the MiNET network, you have to add your MAC addresses on your account. To do so, you can follow the instructions on "Adding devices on your MiNET account".
Set up your PC with Linux (WiFi)
This tutorial will guide you on how to connect to the MiNET WiFi network.Take note that there is two distinct WiFi networks for MiNET: “MiNET" and "MiNET_HD", the last one being on the 5Ghz band, and offering better bandwith for your browsing, only if you have a compatible device.
Adding the MiNET wireless network:
To configure your network, we are going to use a terminal. Open one, then :
- Type the following command : nm-connection-editor
- In the window that just opened, do the following:
- Click on “Add” and choose WiFi in the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Create”.
- Give a name to your connection profile in "connection name".
- Enter "MINET" in "SSID"
- In the “WiFi Security” tab, choose "WPA & WPA2 Enterprise".
- Then, choose the “Protected EAP (PEAP)” in the drop-down menu for the Authentication.
- Check the box “No CA certificate required”.
- Choose "MSCHAPv2" in the drop-down menu for the inner authentification.
- Finally, enter your MiNET login and password in the “Username” and “Password” fields respectively.
Once all of these steps are done, you only have to plug in your Ethernet cable, and you should be automatically connected on the MiNET wired network. Take note that the authentication can take a few seconds. Sometimes, rebooting your pc is necessary.
Retour à la liste des tutoriels