Set up a PC with Linux to use the wired networkRetour à la liste des tutoriels
In order to register devices on the MiNET network, you have to add your MAC addresses on your account. To do so, you can follow the instructions on "Adding devices on your MiNET account".
Set up your PC with Linux (wired)
If you follow this tutorial, you will see how to set up your computer with Linux in order to use the wired network of MiNET.
Adding the MiNET wired network:
To configure your network, we are going to use a terminal. Open one, then :
- Type the following command : nm-connection-editor
- In the window that just opened, do the following:
- Click on “Add” and choose Ethernet in the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Create”
- Give a name to your connection profile
- Choose the network card you wish to link to this new profile.
You have to choose the type of authentication you want. On the same window :
- In the “802.1X Security” tab, check the “Use 802.1X security for this connection” checkbox.
- Then, choose the “Protected EAP (PEAP)” in the drop-down menu for the Authentication.
- Check the box “No CA certificate required”.
- Finally, enter your MiNET login and password in the “Username” and “Password” fields respectively.
- Once this is done, you can close the window by clicking on “Save”.
Retour à la liste des tutoriels