Set up a PC with Windows (7/8/8.1/10) to use the WiFiRetour à la liste des tutoriels
In order to register devices on the MiNET network, you have to add your MAC addresses on your account. To do so, you can follow the instructions on "Adding devices on your MiNET account".
Set up your PC with Windows (WiFi)
This tutorial will guide you on how to connect to the MiNET WiFi network for Windows 7/8/8.1/10.Take note that there is two distinct WiFi networks for MiNET: “MiNET" and "MiNET_HD", the last one being on the 5Ghz band, and offering better bandwith for your browsing, only if you have a compatible device.
For Windows 8/8.1/10
For these versions of Windows, you only have to connect to “MiNET” or the “MiNET_HD” WiFi network. To do so :
- Left-click on the network icon at the right bottom of your Windows Desktop (don’t forget to activate the WiFi on your PC ! )
- Choose, according to the WiFi card of your device, either “MiNET”, or “MiNET_HD” and click on “Connect”. When in doubt, “MiNET” is a safe bet.
- Enter your MiNET login and password which you got when you subscribed to MiNET and confirm.
For Windows 7
For Windows 7, you need to manually add the WiFi network :
Do the following key combination: Windows+R then type control .
- You should come across the Control Panel. Click on “Network and Internet”, then in “Network and Sharing Center” and choose “Set up a new connection or network”.
- Click on “Manually connect to a wireless network”.
- Type “MiNET” in “Network name” and choose the “WPA2-Enterprise” security type.
- Check the “Start this connection automatically “ checkbox.
- Click on “Next”, then on “Change connection settings”.
- In the “Authentication” tab, click on “Settings”.
- Uncheck the “Verify the server’s identity by validating the certificate” checkbox.
- Then click on “Configure...”.
- Make sure that the “Automatically use my Windows logon name an password” checkbox is unchecked.
- Validate the two last open windows by clicking on “OK”.
- Back on the “Authentication” tab, click on the “Additional parameters” button.
- Check the option “Specify authentication mode”.
- Sélectionnez dans la liste déroulante débloquée "Remplacer l'identification"
- From the drop-down menu, choose “User authentication” and then click on “Save credentials” and enter your MiNET login and password to register them.
- Validate all the opened windows by clicking on “OK”.
Retour à la liste des tutoriels