Connecting a Mac to the MiNET network
To be able to register your devices on the MiNET network, you will need
to add your MAC addresses to your account. If you don't know how to find
them, feel free to follow the tutorial “Adding new devices on your MiNET account” which will indicate how to proceed.
Connecting to the WiFi network
By following this tutorial, you will see how to configure your Mac in order to
enjoy a WiFi Internet connection with MiNET. Note that you can find
two separate WiFi networks on our network: “MiNET” and
“MiNET_5GHz”, the latter being on the 5GHz band, it offers
better bandwidths for your navigation, provided you have a compatible device.
- Choose the “MiNET” network
- Fill in your MiNET identifiers
A window asking you to verify the certificate opens,
click on “Continue”
Then enter the password for your Mac (not MiNET!) in the
window that opens
You're logged in! Internet access should be available
Wired network connection
- Connect your cable
After a few seconds, a window will open asking you for your credentials.
Please fill in your MiNET login and password
Click on “Continue” when the window asking you to verify
the certificate opens
Then enter the password of your Mac (not MiNET!) in the next window
You're logged in! Internet access should be available within seconds
latest versions of MacOS, it is possible that no window asking you for
your identifiers appears. The procedure is then as follows:
- Download the following file : minet_mac.mobileconfig
- Double-click on the downloaded file and allow the installation
- At some point, you will need to enter your MiNET login and also the password for your Mac
- A window opens with the details of the 802.1x profile thus created, you can close it
- In the network preferences you can now choose the created 802.1x profile and connect to the MiNET network!