Set up a PC with a Linux distribution to use the WiFi
In order to register devices on the MiNET network, you have to add your MAC addresses on your account. To do so,
you can follow the instructions on "Adding
devices on your MiNET account".
Set up your PC with Linux (WiFi)
This tutorial will guide you on how to connect to the MiNET WiFi network.Take note that there is two distinct
WiFi networks for MiNET: “MiNET" and "MiNET_HD", the last one being on the 5Ghz band, and offering better
bandwith for your browsing, only if you have a compatible device.
Adding the MiNET wireless
To configure your network, we are going to use a terminal. Open one, then :
- Type the following command : nm-connection-editor
- In the window that just opened, do the following:
- Click on “Add” and choose WiFi in the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Create”.
- Give a name to your connection profile in "connection name".
- Enter "MINET" in "SSID"
- In the “WiFi Security” tab, choose "WPA & WPA2 Enterprise".
- Then, choose the “Protected EAP (PEAP)” in the drop-down menu for the Authentication.
- Check the box “No CA certificate required”.
- Choose "MSCHAPv2" in the drop-down menu for the inner authentification.
- Finally, enter your MiNET login and password in the “Username” and “Password” fields respectively.
Once this is done, you can close the window by clicking on “Save”
Once all of these steps are done, you
only have to plug in your Ethernet cable, and you should be automatically connected on the MiNET wired network. Take
note that the authentication can take a few seconds. Sometimes, rebooting your pc is necessary.